Referring a carer to us for support
- We support unwaged carers who live, or care for someone who lives, in the Manchester City Council area
- We provide short-term, telephone-based support (typically over one or two conversations)
- We signpost or refer carers on to long-term or specialised support
We support carers with issues like:
- Welfare – finance (benefits, debts, financial offers and grants for carers); legal rights relevant to caring; housing; employment rights; and safety issues, for example.
- Health and wellbeing – ways to access emotional support; referrals for Carer’s Assessments; and the Local Offer for parent carers, for example.
- Connection and support – access to ongoing support from local carers organisations, peer support and advice from specialist local and national organisations
To refer a client to us for support:
- Download and complete our referral form
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (via Egress, where possible, or some other secure method). The Contact Point inbox is monitored weekdays from 10am to 4pm (6pm on Wednesdays) apart from bank holidays.
To ensure our advice line is accessible to carers, we do not accept referrals over the phone. If you would like to discuss a referral in advance, please email us and we will arrange to call you back.
After a referral
We aim to get in touch all carers within 48 hours, if not sooner, to let them know that their referral has been received. All referrals will then be allocated to one of our support workers who will contact the carer to identify and discuss their needs.