Worried about how the increase in energy prices and how they will affect your fuel bills this winter?

There are plenty of options out there to help you save such as switching suppliers or changing tariffs. Contact your energy supplier for more information on changing tariffs, and Citizen’s Advice Energy Comparison Checker if you would like to change supplier.

If you meet certain criteria or claim particular benefits you can apply for Manchester City Council’s help to pay for fuel scheme, or the government’s Warm Homes Discount, Cold Weather Payment or Winter Fuel Payment.

If you are in debt with your energy supplier, you may be able to get a grant from a charitable trust to help pay it off. Click here to find out more.

Energy suppliers that offer grants or help and support to customers in debt include EDF, NPower, Scottish Power, Ovo, and Eon.